Outreach Initiatives Program
Outreach Initiatives Program to:
- Expand the depth and reach of outreach ministries at PUMC.
- Engage more of our congregation in ministries of justice and mercy.
The Outreach Committee will support Initiative Teams implementing outreach ministries through funding and/or coaching.
This is a one or two year grant program. Consideration for funding of year two will depend on implementation, goal achievement, active participation of all parties and availability of funds. The ministries qualifying for this support will:
- Target a need or community not currently addressed through Outreach ministries at PUMC
- Engage a new or existing group (ex. Committee, Small Group, Sunday School Class) of the PUMC church family who will develop and implement a ministry of justice and mercy
- Engage and empower members of the targeted community through active participation in the execution of the ministry
A written application and interview with Outreach Committee will inform the awarding of Initiatives grants. Grants will not exceed $1,000. Outreach will work with Initiative Teams to secure additional funding should budgets exceed this amount.
Upon granting of funds, an Outreach Committee member will be assigned to the Initiative Team as a resource for the Initiative Team. An accountability/progress report will be completed jointly during the grant year (assigned committee member and Initiative Team). A report to the Outreach Committee on the effect, level of participation and future of the new ministry will be prepared at the end of the first grant year for purposes of assessment and extension/revision of the ministry.
Notification of Interest: Interested teams are invited to send a general notification of interest by May 1, 2016. The notification should include a brief description of your team’s planned initiative.
Deadline for applications: Completed applications are due May 15, 2016.
Selection of Grantees: The Outreach Committee will announce grantees on June 30, 2016.
For more information, or to express interest in applying for PUMC Outreach Initiatives, contact LaVerna Albury, Chair of Outreach email@example.com