Princeton United Methodist Church’s Mission Statement:
We are a diverse community
joyfully responding to God’s love
and growing as Disciples of Christ
by nurturing, teaching, reaching and serving ALL people
We believe in God’s love and are called to follow God’s two greatest commandments…to love the Lord our God with all our hearts and with all our souls and with all our strength and with all our minds. And to love our neighbors as we love ourselves. (paraphrased – Luke 10:27).
With Christ as our example, we strive to be a place that welcomes and celebrates our diversity. Therefore, we welcome ALL people into full participation:
- People of all sexual orientations, we welcome you.
- People of all gender identities, we welcome you.
- People of every race and ethnicity, we welcome you.
- Immigrants from every nation on earth regardless of your status, we welcome you.
- People of every economic status, we welcome you.
- If you are single, married, widowed or divorced, with or without children, we welcome you.
- From newborn babies to the elderly and everyone in between, we welcome you.
- People of all physical and mental abilities, we welcome you.
- People of all political parties, whether you agree or disagree with one another, we welcome you.
- Wherever you are on your faith journey, we welcome you.
- Whatever your burdens, joys, and gifts, we welcome you.
Each and every person is a precious child of God. Each is welcome in this beloved Community. God loves you and so do we!